Sunday, December 16, 2007

 
Recently I was asked to solve the Best Of Seven series problem where you have $100 to start with and two teams are playing a best of seven game series. Game ends when one of the teams wins a total of 4 games. Bets on every game are "double or nothing" bets. Your objective is to come out with $200 if Team A wins and lose everything if Team B wins. I thought that was quite an interesting problem to solve. I solved it using iterative algorithm in Java. I think I will post the current version here JLT. It works great but it's very specific to best of seven problem. I can easily change a few things and make it so that it can be used for any best of series (best of five, best of seven, best of nine etc..).

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?